09 July, 2017

Dragonfly

With the second heatwave of the year, I don't seem to be in the mood for anything, so I guess I'll once again conceal my crafting inactivity with one of my exhibition cards. And of course, it's once again a stitched one :)
The image of a dragonfly has been tempting me for quite a while, but I somehow never figured out the purpose of a dragonfly card. Of course, many occasions come to mind, but non of them was "the" one that would actually make me sit down and stitch the creature. Or maybe I was just a little insecure due to the dandelion (?) plant next to it that seemed so incredibly complicated to be stitched
Once the opening of the exhibition came closer and I badly needed some more flat cards, I decided to go and get it done. 
For the insect, I used red shimmering yarn in two shades: the darker one for the body, and the lighter one for the wings. Unfortunately, the contrast didn't turn out to be as clear as I imagined it.
For the plant, I worked with silver shimmering yarn. 
To make the image a little more vivid, I added a couple of rhinestones. Also, I decided to use 3D adhesive pads to make it stand out a little bit. For the background, I went for a swirly embossed paper that I found in Wuppertal last year. To make a transition to the stitched image, I added layers of red shimmering paper. 
When I was done, it turned out my timing couldn't be better (or worse): just enough time to pack up my cards, grab the background cardstock paper, put it all in a big bag and hurry to the Faculty - I literally finished my last exhibition card just when I was supposed to leave in order to not let my host waiting with the preparation of the exhibition.
A little contribution to the July collection of Create in Austria - artwork created by Austrians and/or in Austria.
And as this is a stitched summer card, I might as well use it to invite you to join us in the July Fadengrafik Challenge, "Summer". Link up any of your summer themed creations, given they include some form of paper embroidery. 

I certainly wish I sometimes had the tranquility of those little flyers, but as long as I'll be working with a last-minute-crafting mind, it's just about impossible. 

challenges: 
613 avenue create: ATG with optional twist "monochrome"
gem of a challenge: animals
alphabet challengeblog: I for insects
cardz4guyz: beside the sea
crafting with an attitude: ATG
crafty calendar: ATG
crafty cardmakers: tic, tac, toe (pearls, stitching, summer)
crafty catz: ATG
crafty gals corner: ATG
crafty sentiments: ATG
pennys papertake: ATG
sunny day crafting: A for animals
crazy challenge: animals
through the craftroom door: ATG
wortartwednesday: ATG

17 comments:

  1. Libellen sind faszinierend, toll diese Makroaufnahme von den Flügeln.
    Deine Fadengrafik sieht klasse aus.
    Ich habe auch noch ein angefangenes Werk hier liegen.

    Genieß den Sommer.
    Gruß BAstelfeti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke, liebe BAstelfeti :) und auch Dir viele erholsame Sommer-Momente.

      LG, V

      Delete
  2. Lovely card thanks for playing at agoac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card it's really lovely and thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue J xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. I love that you stitched on this. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs. Julie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Cheiro. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dragonflies. Thank you for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW what a gorgeous card! I love all of the stitching, so delicate and beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, das sieht absolut klasse aus mit der Fadentechnik. Der Effekt ist besonders genial bei der Pusteblume finde ich! Vielen Dank fürs Mitmachen bei den Crafty Cardmakers! Hab eine tolle und kreative Woche!!! Maike

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! Thanks for sharing at Sunny Day Crafting.
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Thank you for joinign us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this card! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge. Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow... die ist wunderschön.... welch Geduld du da aufbringen musst, ich würde das niemals schaffen.
    LG Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning! Love the stitching.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing creation.. and so very unique...Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us over at Crafty Catz!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the stitched dandelion head as well as the dragonfly. Very summery.
    Thanks for sharing at the Alphabet Challenge blog. :)

    ReplyDelete