17 April, 2018

Welcome spring!

Turns out I almost skipped spring completely this year. 
Turns out I didn't knew the trees were already starting to bloom until I finally made it for a walk, a walk longer than my short hop to the supermarket. 
I did, however, know about daffodils, but only because I can see them from my window. 
I also do know all about a healthy lifestyle - not all maybe, but certainly enough to be at hand when advice is necessary. 
And still, more and more I realize that this faculty is probably the greatest health hazard I've ever come across, and I'm slowly getting tired of it. 
Sleep deprived, starved out and and exhausted, I decided to pull the emergency break last week and put my notes aside for a while. Instead, I focused on a donation-box-background that was long overdue, because reindeer are just not the kind of animals that are around this time of year.

Checking the measurments of the donation box that I've given away for Christmas based on the box I have at home, I first cut the thick cardboard base to the right size. 
Then I took ages to pick the background paper, and after going through several designs in my head, I opted for this soft pink one with a wonderful floral print in a couple of places. I cut it in a way that would keep the cherry blossoms in one corner, with the plan to place paper flowers on where the floral motif is. 
Once this was done, I glued a sheet of soft pink background paper to the cardboard which would in the end look like a tiny pink frame to the scene I imagined.
Working on the patterned paper itself, I didn't cover the blossoms one on one though. Placing the paper flowers together, I rather decided to use the floral print as an additional layer of bloom in the background.
In the opposite corner, I placed a couple of paper flowers only. To make it look a little fuller, however, I glued a chipboard decoration next to the flower arrangement.
To make the "donation" sign more prominent this time, I put the silver stickers on a strip of white cardboard which I then glued to the same pink paper that makes the base of the whole project. To make it stand out a little bit more, I used 3D pads.
Also, I decided to not put any more flowers in the remaining corners - instead, I used a couple of silver feather stickers.
Since I decided to play with asymmetry for the sign, I placed three tiny white pearls in the pink corner.
To match those pearls, I later on decided not to put leafs in my scene. 
Anyway, I added a little bling by placing white and soft cream pearls of different sizes in numerous places along the paper flowers. Partly, the pearls fit due to the fact that blossoms on the branches come before leafs in spring. On the other hand, it could just be the morning dew, or the reflections of the evening gloom.
Feather stickers in the upper corner, alongside with a white ribbon loop that ensures the decoration can be removed from inside the box once the seasons change. As everything was now covered in pearls, and considering the silver stickers, I decided to remove the tiny pearls I placed on the chipboard bows. Instead, I replaced them with shimmering silver rhinestones.
Bye-bye, reindeer background, and welcome spring! Nice to meet you.
A little contribution to the April collection of Create in Austria - artwork created by Austrians and/or in Austria.

Last years' pink blossoms in park Tivoli. I haven't made it there this year yet.

challenges: 
613 avenue create: ATG
a bit more time to craft: ATG
allsorts challengeblog: spring flowers or showers
basteltraum: mother's day/flowers
brown sugar: pearls/mother's day
cardmania: spring
crafting with an attitude: ATG
crafty catz: ATG
craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper
create and inspire: ATG
creative inspirations: springtime
deep ocean: Easter/spring
do-all kreatives: pastel colours
fussy and fancy: add a sentiment
inspiration destination: ATG
kreativtanten: ATG
little red wagon: shine (gemstones, silver stickers)
love to craft: ATG
moving along with the times: springtime
path of positivity: pastels
pennys papertake: ATG
scrapping4fun: spring
crazy challenge: spring
through the craftroom door: ATG
unicorn challengeblog: ribbon
wortartwednesday: ATG
worldwide open design team challenge: ATG

25 comments:

  1. A beautiful array of flowers, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Spring flowers and showers' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous make! Thank you so much for playing along at Penny's Challenges this week. Looking forward to seeing you again!
    Crafty hugs, Mary (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card, I love all the flower embellishments you have used. Thanks for entering this month's theme at Creative Inspirations at good luck, Jayne DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. I like it very much.
    Thanks for joining us at the Creative Aunts and DAK Challenge.
    Greetings Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, love the pretty flowers
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT,
    Hugs Kaz xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really pretty card with the spring blossooms, thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and very matching for our Challenge this week @ Little Red Wagon. Thanks for joining us !!

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely creation, super flowers and design. Thank you for joining our Spring flowers/showers challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MAWTT, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow... I love it, girl! This is sooooo pretty!!!!
    Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#16– Pastel Colours)
    *DT* Die Traumfabrik

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card, I love all the flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

    Crafty greetings
    Alex

    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#16 – Pastel colours}
    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#16 – ATG}
    *DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#47 – flowers}
    Alex' Kreative Seite


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's me again... now for an other team!
      Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Kreativ-Tanten and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

      Hugs
      Alex

      Delete
  12. So wonderful! I love the colors and the flowers!
    Thanks for joining us at Krativtanten - Challenge!

    Hugs,
    Conny

    Gismo`s kreative Seite
    *Owner* ATC around the world
    *Owner* ATC`s mit Herz
    *DT* Papiria
    *DT* Kreativtanten
    *DT* Die Traumfabrik

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful love all the detail and thanks for sharing at crafty catz this week

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh, so beautiful! I love your heart-details :)
    Thanks a lot for joining us at Fussy and Fancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous project. Love the flowers.
    And those pictures of bloom... awesome
    Thank you for joining us this time at Scrapping4fun. All the best for your entry.
    Priya-DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pravo pomlad si nam pričarala! Na današnji oblečen dan mi je pogled nanjo še v večje veselje.
    Zelo mi je všeč tvoj potiskan papir, tako zelo nežen in vsi posamezni detajli tako imenitno zloženi skupaj!
    Hvala, ker jo deliš z nami na blogu Scrapping4fun.
    Cvetoč dan ti želim, Majda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card xx
    Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Dianne DT for the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so beautiful. Nice work. Love your gorgeous flowers and the little heart die. Nice work. Looks great.
    Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

     

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome spring! With this card, You are verry welcome :)

    Thank You for playing with us at Do A(l) Kreatives challenge DT Ella

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card and lovely spring pictures
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Rachelle DT
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning box lid decoration,gorgeous flowers,chipboard heart banner and love all the pearls---Thank you for joining us at Love To Craft
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a stunning sign. The flowers and feathers are gorgeous. Well done. Thanks for joining us at ‘Do-Al(l) Creatives’. Jonnece DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. wonder! Thank you so much for joining us at Create and Inspire.
    Crafty hugs, Irene
    https://madeinborgo.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete